Mansfield Town Football in the Community are seeking an experienced and motivated individual for the role of ‘Post 16 Education Tutor’ – to lead the delivery and development of our Post 16 Education Pathway.
Working from the One Call Stadium, the successful candidate’s responsibilities will include the planning and delivery of the BTEC Level Three Diploma/ Extended Diploma in sports Coaching & Development to our current Year 12 students.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for supporting students through key skills exams, and recruiting the next academic years’ cohort of students.
Key Duties and Responsibilities also include
• Teach BTEC Level 3 in Sports Coaching and Development to a wide range of learners and groups aged 16 – 19 to meet the course learning outcomes.
• Assist the Lead Coach in the organising of fixtures for the CEFA league, organising friendlies and time tabling the delivery of a weekly coaching programme.
• Lead the recruitment of potential students wishing to join pathway, liaising with Schools for open days, taster events and delivering school presentations.
• Implement a yearly recruitment timetable to include taster days, presentations, and trips to build relationships with potential students.
• Create an inspiring learning environment and establish open, motivational, and trusting relationships with all learners.
• Maintain all appropriate records and report regularly via written reports and parents’ consultation evenings.
• Contribute to raising standards of delivery, retention and completion of work.
• Maintain a positive learning environment across the subject and use subject behaviour management procedures as appropriate.
• Contribute to learner progress reviews as and when requested by the LFE
• To be present (or on site) and support all English and Maths sessions to increase achievement across all elements of programme.
• Undertake any staff development (CPD) relevant to the needs of the post.
• Act as a positive role model at all times and develop/maintain high standards for teaching and learning within the department.
• Ensure that work is marked in accordance with the education provider (LFE) guidelines to ensure timely feedback to students.
• Monitor and maintain appropriate records/data related to target grades, attainment, achievement, and attendance.
• Communicate, co-operate and, where appropriate, collaborate with other departments within Mansfield Town Football in the Community/
• Ensuring that all contact with and arrangements for students and their welfare is safeguarded.
• Act as a personal tutor to students; supporting them to achieve their goals and potential.
• Attend League Football Education and Football League training events and conferences, as required.
• Support learners with progression routes – e.g., UCAS applications, SAT tests, CV etc.
• Comply with LFE’s cycle of observations of teaching, learning and assessment.
- Sport related degree
- A minimum of three years’ teaching experience at secondary level or above
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the delivery of a Sports related qualification
- Knowledge, understanding and delivery of BTEC Level 3 in Sport
- Full UK Driving licence
- Standard DBS Check prior to the role commencing
- Experience working with a broad range of students
- Experience working with 16-18 year olds
How to Apply
Email a CV and Covering Letter, detailing any experience you have within a Post 16 or Higher Education setting – along with why you think you would be suitable for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org – please label your email ‘Post 16 Application’
Candidates who meet the criteria may be invited to participate in an initial interview conducted via Microsoft Teams or Zoom due to Coronavirus restrictions before being invited to attend a more in-depth interview on site where salary expectations will be discussed.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications Mansfield Town Football in the Community will not be able to provide feedback on your application.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 8th January 5pm. Virtual Interviews may take place during the open application period.