A fantastic opportunity at Mansfield Town Football in the Community has come up as we seek to employ a Community Coach. The role we are offering is 35 hours per week, contract based at the One Call Stadium, in the minimum wage salary bracket.
Please send the application, a CV and Cover Letter to Gary at Gary.email@example.com – See below for the full job description and application.
- To support lead members of staff in delivering projects
- To be responsible for co-ordination and delivering high quality football sessions in conjunction with other coaches employed by MTFITC
- Update views input daily/weekly registers
- Prepare, plan, organise and deliver age ability appropriate training or activity sessions in line with the FITC strategy.
- Generate risk assessments for the session you are taking.
- Ensure the area you are coaching in is a clean and safe environment that is free from any hazards that may cause injury or harm to the participants
- Regularly engage with key stakeholders to ensure their ongoing commitment to FITC
- Liaise with all external groups such as schools, colleges, youth teams, MIND etc to actively promote and secure further opportunities for FITC services
- Ensure all equipment being used such as match balls, bibs, cones etc are clean and fit for purpose
- Resolve any incidents quickly and efficiently
- Report any accident immediately and log them in the appropriate file.
- Co-ordinate match day activities, such as flag bearers, half-time activities, mascots etc and ensure mascots are reunited with parents/guardians at the end of the activity.
- Co-ordinate parties ensuring the venue is officially booked.
- Be presentable, smart and personable at all times when representing MTFITC.
- Attend all relevant planning meetings, seminars and staff training to ensure a generic approach to session delivery as directed by the Head of CCO or management team.
- Undertake all reasonable tasks assigned to you, by the Head of CCO or management team, to the best of your ability.
- Support the delivery of generic FITC programmes.
- To be responsible for the maintaining of the general housekeeping of all rooms including offices, toilets and kitchen areas.
- To be aware of MTFITC’s company policies and procedures, located in the community office, ensuring that your actions and behaviour is consistent with, and champion, the requirements of those policies and procedures at all times. You will be notified as and when our policies and procedures are changed or updated.
To have as a minimum FA Football level 2, FA first aid, FA safeguarding
- PESS level 3 (Physical Education Support in School Sport)
- Full UK driving License
- Other relevant qualifications that fall into the national school curriculum at a level 2 minimum or any other qualification to be gained and enhance/develop the role or up-date on existing, MTFITC will assist in gaining. MTFITC may contribute to the cost of relevant qualifications.
Health & Safety:
Your core health & safety responsibilities are:
- Lead by example being diligent and observant at all times in the workplace, with activities and external venues.
- Partake in and keep up to date on training
- Report any issues relating to health and safety to the Head of CCO or the management team.
Your core safeguarding responsibilities are:
- It is your responsibility to recognise your moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children, young people and adults at risk in your care, they have the right to protection from abuse and exploitation.
- To attend and keep up to date safeguarding training, as directed by MTFITC, and attend in-house safeguarding meetings.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
- MTFITC will ensure everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- MTFITC is committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination incorporating direct, indirect, associative or perceptive discrimination and all forms of bullying, harassment and victimisation.
- MTFITC will actively promote equality of opportunity and freedom from discrimination on the grounds of age, cultural background, class, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender re-assignment and faith.
- MTFITC will extensively strive to remove conditions which places members of staff at a disadvantage and will actively challenge bigotry and discrimination.