Mansfield Town Football in the Community take great pride in supporting Mental Health & Wellbeing, Dementia Care and social well-being – with our weekly FREE activity, Active Minds.
Split into two strands, Active Minds focuses on providing a safe and secure environment for those living with Mental Health issues, Dementia or facing Social Isolation to come together and unite through the power of sport – improving their health and social well-being.
The sessions take place at the One Call Stadium, every Friday 10am to 12noon and are FREE of charge. The sessions are indoors and involve a range of activities designed to improve cognitive behaviors, stimulate memories, improve mental health, build friendship and much more.
Active Minds ‘Sport’ is for those living with mental health conditions, learning difficulties & disabilities. The session is a more active outdoor session taking place on the 3G Pitch involving a range of coaching activities and matches, designed to improve confidence and fitness as well as mental well-being. This session runs from 10am until 11.30am.
Latest Active Minds News
- Staying Connected During Lockdown
- COVID 19 October Update
- Mental Health the Primary Focus as Football in the Community aims to get the Community Back Together | Active Minds
- Football in the Community to restart activities from September
- Stay Home Social Club helping to maintain a positive mind-set | Mental Health Awareness Week
- Virtual Social Group launched to keep the Community connected